Elders shall be men whose lives are characterized by the qualities set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. These qualities can be categorized as:
- They must desire the office of elder and demonstrate spiritual leadership abilities among the flock.
- They must be able to teach and use the Word of God with wisdom and patience.
- They must be lovers of God. Men who take God and His Word seriously.
- They must be able to manage their household in a biblical manner.
- They must be able to spiritually manage their interpersonal relationships.
- They must be men who are seeking to be controlled by Christ and His Word rather than by worldly and fleshly desires.
- These men shall hold to the doctrinal statement in accord with the Articles of Association , and be supportive of the entire New Testament.